Thursday 4 September 2014

The Liebster Award



The lovely Becki Lewis from Beauty & the Brunette kindly nominated me for the Liebster Award, in a nutshell it is a way of welcoming new bloggers (with under 200 followers) into the blogging community. Needless to say I was really touched, and being a very nosey inquisitive person enjoyed reading Becki's previous answers to the many questions she had been asked by other bloggers nominating her see here and here.

Becki's questions are as follows:

1) Do you have a favourite beauty/fashion magazine? I haven't bought a magazine for years, however I do really enjoy flipping through Dare magazine from Superdrug and Health and Beauty magazine from Boots. I also subscribe to TWO magazine (online) from the Pixiwoo sisters.

2) How long have you been blogging for? I wrote my first post in March 2014 and have been sporadically posting ever since.

3) What's your favourite foundation? My favourite liquid foundation is LancĂ´me's Photogenic Lumessence, as it is the closest match I have ever found for my super pale cool toned skin, and doesn't make my dry/dehydrated skin look worse. My favourite powder foundation is Clinique's Superpowder Double Face Powder, again the colour match is great and best of all it doesn't cake up or make my skin even drier. I tend to use the powder more than the liquid as it is quicker to apply, easier to blend and I prefer the more natural look (and my freckles still show through if I don't use too much).

4) Is there one type of product you can't stop yourself from buying? Pretty much anything that Boots or Superdrug sell to be honest! My husband doesn't like me going in there alone as I always spend too much, same with Lush, Home Bargains and Hobby Craft. Ooops. It's more fun dragging him around with me though, plus he can carry the basket leaving my hands free to pick up more items :0)

5) What's your current favourite item of clothing? I just got a beautiful grey/beige/brown waterfall jumper from ebay, which is stunning and gets the seal of approval from my children and husband- translated to 'age appropriate' rather than my usual hoodie obsession!

6) Bold or Nude lips? On me definitely nude, I like muted and soft pinks/browns/mauves, however I love seeing girls with really bold dark colours like blue and purple. I would love to still be able to rock that look but my lip lines are too deep and sadly I look ridiculous.

7) What's your favourite TV show right now? Melissa and Joey. The kids and I have been watching it on E4 over the summer holidays and we all love it. It finished last week and we are not impressed!

8) Why did you start blogging? I'm currently off sick from work and having some harsh medical treatment, meaning I'm rarely able to leave the house. So I was spending ages catching up on blogs and You Tube videos that I never really had the time to keep up with whilst I was working, and thought blogging would keep my mind active and give me 'a happy place' to escape to prattling on about beauty! That is why my blog isn't a professional one, I blog when I feel up to it and when it suits me. It is purely for pleasure.

9) What was the first make-up product you used? My Mum's Rimmel lipstick! I was a toddler and did a pretty good job of applying it apparently! I played with her make-up until I was about 7 years old then saved my pocket money to buy products from my friend's Mum's Avon catalogue. When I started secondary school I spent every weekend in Superdrug and Boots with like minded friends, and when I started working I would go on a spree every pay day. I think I may have a problem?!

10) Who is your celebrity style icon? I have two- Victoria Beckham for her clean lines and beautifully fitted but not tarty style, and Sarah Harding for her casual effortless chic. Both for their short hair styles.

11) What's your favourite restaurant? Not a restaurant as such, but a pub that serves gorgeous food called the Logan Rock Inn in a tiny west Cornwall village called Treen. If you are ever in the area it really is a wonderful idyllic pub tucked away with a sun trap garden and incredible service. 



 
 

My 11 questions are:
1. What is your favourite perfume and why
2. Scented candles or wax/oil burners?
3. Favourite flower?
4. If you could have permanently great hair or great skin, what would you choose?
5. Describe your ideal day.
6. What is your dream car?
7. Current favourite skin care treatment?
8. Who is your celebrity male and female crush?
9. What one piece of advice would you give your younger self?
10. If you could have magical powers, which one would you choose?
11. Why and when did you start blogging?
 
 
I nominate:
 Karen from And So To The Mirror
Monica from The Green Eye Effect
Danielle from The Dolled Up Diary
Molly, Sophie and Paris from Cosm(etics, )etc.
Chris from My Happy Place
Sophie from Floral Sophie
 
And of course anyone reading this is more than welcome to join in!
 
I look forward to reading your answers, and thanks again to Becki for getting me involved :0)
 
 
Caiti xxx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 


No comments:

Post a Comment