Friday 15 August 2014

Superdrug Superberry Mud Mask

I am nearing the end of my beloved Sanctuary 5min Thermal Detox Mask which although pricey (around £10), has lasted me around 8months per 100ml tube. I only apply it to my T-zone and use it once or twice per week. I have also started using it on my teenage son's T-zone to help combat newly emerged oily/blackhead prone/upset skin.

Not wanting to spend £10 on future masks (as now sharing with aforementioned son) I picked up the Superdrug Superberry Mud Mask on my last online haul.

Superdrug Superberry Mud Mask Exfoliator

It is a china clay based mask with exfoliating raspberry seeds (I don't recommend using this mask as a scrub!!) and contains 'antioxidant rich Superberry Extract to help protect the skin from free radicals' which makes no sense to me whatsoever, but it smelt nice so I bought it!

My skin does not like this mask at all. It felt fine when I put it on all over my face and wasn't particularly uncomfortable, however when I washed it off, my face looked sunburnt and was very sensitive for about 3 days afterwards. I have dry sensitive skin (which was dehydrated until I finally managed to combat that-blog on my new skincare regimen to follow) so I shouldn't have really put it all over my face, but I'm an 'all or nothing' type of person :0)

My son's skin did not react in the slightest to this mask, in-fact it definitely cleared up his face and I could see his skin becoming less oily for a few days. He has (reluctantly) continued to have this slapped on his T-zone every Sunday and will continue to until it has run out.

So I've reasoned with myself that I should not try a new one for me until this Superdrug one has run out, incase my skin doesn't like it and I end up using it on my son.....ooops I seem to have placed an order for the Sanctuary 5min Thermal Detox Mask! No guilt though as I used my Boots Advantage points ;0)

Caiti xxx


*Products purchased with my own money*


2 comments:

  1. I like the sound of this - I have oily combination skin and this sounds like it would work well with my skin. Sorry to hear you didn't get on with it x

    Brenda | www.brendabusybee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda, yes I think it would work much better for you than it did me-and it does smell gorgeous :) I think it is a very good mask (if you value the integrity of your skin please do not use it as a scrub!) considering the price point, let me know what you think of it if you do try it. Thanks for reading and commenting, much appreciated xxx

      Delete